|CLC COMMITTEE REPORTS 2017
|October 18, 2016
||December 13, 2016
||January 31, 2017
|April 4, 2017
||May 10, 2017
||May 10, 2017
|October 10, 2017
||November 20, 2017
||December 28, 2017
COMMUNITY LIAISON COMMITTEE CHARTER
The Community Liaison Committee was established and chartered by the signed “Use Agreement” between the Magnolia Golf and Country Club and the Homeowner’s association. The formal committee charter is included below.
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors has determined that the best interests of the Association and its members would be served if certain activities of the Association were supervised by a committee of the members; and, WHEREAS, the Board of Directors within their authority has the responsibility to establish such committees and charge those committees with duties and responsibilities; and,
NOW THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED, that there shall be a standing committee chartered as the Community Liaison Committee (CLC). This Committee shall act as the voice of the community and represent the community's best interest by coordinating the wishes of the community, first to the Association's Board of Directors, and then to ownership and management of the Magnolia Golf and Country Club. Specifically, the CLC shall have the following responsibilities and authority:
1) The Committee shall communicate with both the Magnolia Point Community Association, Inc. and the ownership and management of Magnolia Point Golf and Country Club regarding suggestions for improvements to the facilities of the club and/or programs and policies thereof.
2) The Committee shall monitor the relationship between the Magnolia Point Community Association, and the ownership regarding monitoring compliance with the terms of the agreement between the two parties. This "monitoring" shall also include review of the financial records as provided in the terms of the "agreement" for lease of use of the club facilities.
3) The Committee shall make periodic reports to the Board of Directors concerning all matters related to the "Agreement".
4) The Committee shall consist of at least five Members of the Association. One will serve as Chairperson and one as secretary of the Committee.
5) The Committee shall meet at least bi-monthly.
6) The Committee shall perform its duties in accordance with the provisions of the Resolution of “Committees Generally".
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are homeowners automatically "Club Members?" Answer: No. In order to become a Club member, the homeowner must complete a one-page application, available at the clubhouse at no charge. This application will give the member signing privileges and discounts in the pro shops, dining room, bar and other advantages not available to non-members. There are no additional fees when one opts to become a club member.
2. What benefits do homeowners receive with their quarterly assessment payments? Answer: All homeowners have access to the Clubhouse, Pool, Tennis and Playground with the quarterly payment but, without the completed application, are not able to charge and do not receive discounts.
3. Suggestions for using the club facilities whether as a club member or as a Magnolia Point homeowner: Restaurant: It's not mandatory but a call for reservations (269-9276) is helpful. Tennis: call the tennis pro-shop to reserve courts (531-9048). Tennis guests require a guest pass, call the pro-shop for information. Pool: your guests require pass that may be obtained from the clubhouse (269-9276).